I’ve spent some time today on Draig playing around with the changes that hit yesterday. Here are some of my initial thoughts.
- No more regents for teleports and portals = WIN! I can be a bit OCD at times. Runes of Teleportation did not help. I try to always keep a full stack. I’ve been known to make a run to the regent vendor just to get an extra so I won’t break my stack of 20. Not having to worry about that anymore is amazing! I know it’s a small thing but it’s big to me. 🙂
- Something is going on with mana. I’m guessing it’s because mana regen is tied to haste. If you watch my video of the Attumen fight, you will notice that my mana barely drops at all. This makes my mount runs through Magisters’ Terrace and Sethekk Halls much quicker. It will be interesting to see how this affects end game.
- Did I mention I got the Fiery Warhorse’s Reigns?
- Frozen Orb seems pretty cool. The mobs in Magisters’ and Sethekk go down pretty quick to this. I need to play around with my rotation some more to figure out the best way to use it.
- Ice Floes is nice! Once I figure out my rotation, it will definitely make fights like Kael’thas easier.
- Frost Armor losing it’s timer is nice! One less thing to worry about it always good.
- Losing Permafrost hurts. I don’t like not being able to heal my elemental. Oh well.
So I’ve still got a lot of work to do to really figure out how to play a mage again. But, overall, I’m liking the changes so far.
What do you think?