I love First Person Shooters.
There are no other games I can zone out to like FPSs. I love starting up something like Half-Life, Serious Sam, or Unreal Tournament and letting my reflexes take over. I love the mindless fun.
FPSs are the major reason I am a PC gamer. The K & M in K & M Tavern is there because of my love for this genre. I’ve tried to play them on consoles but nothing compares to the keyboard and mouse.
Over the last several weeks I have been itching to get into some FPSs. My backlog is full of them. So I’m going to start playing through them.
Originally I thought I would set a rule that I can only play games that I haven’t completed. The more I though about it, though, the more I realized I don’t want to do that. There are a few I want to play again.
- Half-Life 2 – I finished this game long before they added the achievements. I’ve gotten a few of them but not very many. This gives me an excuse to play this amazing game again.
- Bioshock – I have wanted to play this one again since I finished it last year. It hit me on an emotional level like no other game. So I’m adding it to the list as well.
- Portal/Portal 2 – I loved these so they go on the list too.
Here is the full list of games I’m adding to this Blitz (the * denotes games I have already completed):
- Bioshock 2
- Bioshock Infinite
- Bulletstorm (Possibly. Still debating this one)
- Deus Ex
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Doom 2
- Doom 3
- F.E.A.R. (and the expansions)
- F.E.A.R. 2
- Far Cry
- Half-Life 2*
- Hard Reset
- Portal 2*
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- Serious Sam 3: BFE
- Unreal 2: The Awakening
- Wolfenstein 3D
As you can see, there is a mix of old and new, from Wolfenstein 3D and Doom (two of the originals) to Bioshock Infinite (which comes out later this year).
You might also notice there is no Call of Duty or Battlefield on this list. I’ve played a lot of multiplayer COD but never had any interest in the single player. I’m not really sure why. I never tried it so there wasn’t really a basis for my lack of interest.
However, after playing Homefront last year, I know my lack of interest is justified for me. I don’t enjoy the scripted experience. I’d rather play Serious Sam.
I’m not sure how long this list is going to take me. 24 games is a lot. Some of them can be long if you let them (i.e. RAGE and Deus Ex: Human Revolution). But this is my playlist until I’m done.
So I better get started. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is up first. w00ty w00t!